Sunday, October 8, 2017

Loving the program!


How great is it that I can eat 7-cheese ravioli from Boston Pizza and still lose weight! I left 1/4 on the plate, and I have very few weeklies left, but I'm working it! 

Travel this time has been more of a challenge than in January or May or July. I think the difference is that I'm traveling alone and it makes me less self-aware. J was with me the other times. For example, today I stopped at a convenience store to use the washroom. I always buy something when I do that; I chose a Diet Dr Pepper, then looked for food. It seemed so natural to have a candy bar! I fought the temptation and bought cashews instead. And I counted them. Because I want to be in control of my health. 

Tonight in the hotel room was hard too. In the past, J and I would have cookies or some cake. I had a Fibre 1 cookie brownie. It wasn't what I wanted but I told myself that's what I could have. A bit later I had microwave popcorn. 

Good choices I made this trip: 
🍎 Bought lots of fruit at the grocery as well as veg to roast and the Fibre 1 brownies. 
πŸ₯• Roasted the vegetables and made quinoa to share with my hosts. 
πŸ“‹ Tracked everything. 
🚢🏻‍♀️Walked 2 miles on 2 different days. 
🍝 Left yummy ravioli on the plate. 
πŸ›Œ Got plenty of sleep. 
🌲 Enjoyed nature. 

Struggles: 
πŸ™Š I didn't do my physical therapy at all. 
πŸ• I ate half a slice more of homemade pizza than I meant to. I was tempted and succumbed. 
πŸͺ I had a muffin at the coffee shop. This wasn't a terrible choice, since it was made in-house and wasn't giant. 
πŸ’¦ I had trouble getting my water. I was drinking far too much soda. I bought a pack of water bottles (sorry earth 🌏) and that helped a lot. 

Tomorrow I fly home and I dread hanging out in the airport in my weaker-willed condition. I'll look up some restaurants at the airport so I'll have a plan. 


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment